Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dr. Sugg

ok this is my post from last week it just took me a while to want to post it.

Well went to see Dr. Sugg today in Dothan.
He really didn't have anything new to say. He just said that Finn definetly has Cortical Blindness. Which means his eyes are good and healthy. However the connection in the brain is not. :( I knew deep down this is what he was going to say but you know the feeling you have when you left half a test blank and you go to get it back with fingers crossed she read imaginary answers when she graded yours! That's how I felt. I had fingers crossed, that maybe he had just learned something new the night b/f that I had not heard about yet! But he had not.

There is a good and bad side to it.

Good side is that like everything else in Finnemore's life it will take time to see the final result, he had a HUGE injury that is going to take lots of time and therapy to heal. So we will always have HOPE that, that part of his brain just hasn't recovered Yet! Or that some Genius will invent a electronic device like they have for hearing!!! But the bad side is that there isn't glasses, surgery etc that can fix it today.

I am encouraged b/c his eyes have improved in that they no longer move in crazy ways(there is a medical term for this but I can't remember). They used to bounce or flicker side to side really fast, and roll way up and down. He also has sensativity to light. Which they say means he knows day from night.

Deep down Yes of course I want him to see but I just don't let myself think about it and we just work everyday assuming that he is still healing and tomorrow may be the day. And for now I have big plans to get the cool dude a piano and plan for him to be a Big time music artist and take care of his Momma and Daddy one day! CAJ is going to drive his bus and I am going to be incharge of his wardrobe! We have to keep it light around here to keep ourselves positive!

BUT in all seriousness just please keep praying that his vision will improve, I would love nothing more than for to react to something in front of him, especially Me or his Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment