Friday, September 13, 2013

The final countdown!!!

Well well what to do when you get steroids ontop of steroids.... Try out the new baby rocker and update everyone. It was a little much for a status update so I went for the ole blog. Today was my final road trip to Bham for a prenatal visit!!! Bro as Finn says will be arriving Thur week Sept 19th at 8am at UAB's Women's and Infant hospital. Yes we know his birthday but not his name. 30 Almost all day long IVs of "liquid gold" IVIG and 60-80 mg of steroids a day since 12 weeks and now oral insulin for gestational diebetes (brought on by the prednisone)we are FINALLY down to 2 more iv treatments mon-tues and then leave Wednesday for Bham to do blood work and head back to hospital at 630 Thur morning for the big arrival of "Bro" I will be having a Csection at 35 weeks so that's why I got steroid shots today. The ones I have been taking do nothing to help boost baby so he needed the ones to help boost his lungs up for his early arrival. They will have a Matched donor give platelets first of the week and have them waiting incase treatments didn't keep the platelet level high enough. Thank God to whoever the wonderful soul is out there that will be donating. Just a side note Finn's matched donor was in North Carolina so No telling where this great person is. So prayers for great platelet counts and strong lungs would be great!!! Now fingers crossed the rest of the nursery stuff arrives today so I can finish it up this weekend! And pack our bags if anyone has any suggestions of what to pack for me message me!! My mind is blank as to what all I wanted/needed when Finn was born. Happy Friday to All!!!

1 comment:

  1. praying for you and safe arrival of that sweet boy!! If any family members need to spend the night, our house is always open!!

    ReplyDelete