Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Progress!!!

Woop Woop we have had a great week at our house! Finn has been on a roll!! Tuesday I was home with him because we didn't go to Ozark so I decided it was a good time to test Peanut Butter. So as they said I put it on his hand then his face and no reaction so I gave him a taste. He loved of course! I then proceeded to make him a sandwich. His first ever lunch of Champion kids! Pnut butter sandwich and apples sauce. Plus some squash for good measure! I decided to tear up the sandwich and put it on his tray. We then did a little work in a kind of a reverse way. I took the bite touched his mouth then hand several times trying to get him to connect. Our normal routine basically. Then I was doing something at the sink and I caught a glimpse of his hand reaching around on his tray and turned with my eyes huge just as he was putting it in his mouth!!!! I grabbed the camera to capture it of course! He proceeded to do it a few more times and just made my day. Supper had to be another pb sandwich for sure, we were on the brink of a huge accomplishment. Again he did it and I added manderin oranges thinking he would just squoosh like he has before but nope he fed himself those too! Tonight we had the same great meal but with bananas and even more progress he fed himself almost his entire supper!!!!!! Woooowhoooo!!!! Oh and I guess I forgot to blog about his upright progress...he is now pulling on his bed rails! Things are just really progressing in Finn's world right now! Life is grand! PS This post is from last week but I was waiting b/c I have a video of him doing it but not a picture. I will work on it and add the video later. I don't want to put on you tube. Just had to go ahead and share the exciting accomplishement!

No comments:

Post a Comment