Monday, July 9, 2012

18 months!!!

SO it's been a while but I will try to keep it brief! We have been on the go literally all year. We had a trip to Nola for CAJ's work and I swore after that there would be nothing on our calendar all summer. We are doing a pretty good job of keeping it open. Our weeks still seem quite busy though but that's ok I just meant weekends! Where has time gone! Finn's now 18months old and getting bigger & more fun every day!! Finn has started OT and ST in Ozark on Tuesdays and we go to Bham every week for something different. One thing we go for once a month is their Rehab program. I am always hesitant to tell things Finn does in fear I may jinx him. ;) There have been things he would do and then he would lose it, which is not uncommon for fellas like him. Just when I was figuring this out he started picking some of them back up. Anyway as of today Finn can find his bottle in a small space around him and control it. If we say bah bah or milk/juice he reaches out for it. He has also picked back up on something he used to do, he will let me give him cookies in small bites and on a good day will bring it to his mouth. Used to he would eat a bowl of food on a good day, now he wants 3 meals a day. His menu is slooooowly expanding. The funnest thing I have ever fed him was a hotdog...(yes I know they are horrible for him! It was just like half of one.) I was just pleased to get to fix the kid something you would expect an 18month old to eat. He ate his cereal mixed with Spinach also so no worries Mother! He has gotten quite demanding and can really throw that head back and pierce your ears! The pool is his favorite past time. I mean a boy named Finn dang sure should Love the water LOL! Though I mention he has a temper he spends most of his day being happy and constantly laughing. (probably at Me!!!) He defintely knows who we are...he squeezes me so tight around the neck when I hold him now and would ride around like a monkey all day if I could let him. His best friend in life is his Daddy, you should see him smile when he hears him. CAJ is formally known as Bye to Finn. He is keeping his 2012 resolution that he would start sleeping and that has changed our life alot! AND my most favorite accomplishment just started last week! It's mainly one toy that gets him to do it. It's a sensory thing I call the space shuttle. When we press the vibration button HERE HE COMES! As of now we put him about 3 feet away and he can pull himself with his arms to it! It is really exciting to see him do it. 1 he knows something he wants and 2 he can go in the foward direction to get to it!!!! I just love watching him do it! I like to share with you Finn's accomplishments in life because I owe it to the only One that knows anyone's true prognosis... The Great Lord above us! We were told such a grim prognosis and Finn is complete proof that we Know nothing! Never give up when many may be less than encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment